Broken Items Need SuperGlue

My table, currently, is the perfect analogy of my life... piles of things to be done; homework, kids' papers, bills to pay, receipts; window cleaner, a bottle of Pledge and some paper towels; a hammer, two dead batteries, some medicine, and approximately four broken items in desperate need of some serious super glue. All these things remain on the table... no one is fixing, gluing, paying, filing, or giving any attention to these things... they sit and collect dust and past due notices... the table, like me, is overwhelmed. There are too many things to fix; too many pieces to match up to their broken spots; too many things to keep straight and organize-- I want to take my long, gangly arm and sweep these things on to the floor- watching with glee as they tumble onto the floor with various degrees of sounds- CRASH BANG THUMP CLATTER- batteries roll under the couch, the cat chases the roll of paper towels, papers flit and flutter until they finally find a new home amongst the wood flooring... they're all finally swept together in a pile with a broom and dustpan by someone hired and totally uninvolved; as they care not what goes where: just clean it up.
I need someone to do that with my agenda- and my brain, as far as that goes... sweep it up and start all over.
I keep trying to sweep it under the rug; but like any other pile of dirt- unless you pick it up and throw it out; it''ll just make mud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Skin Itches

Miles or Inches