If I Were Cinderella, I'd be Pumpkin Pie by Now

i need to be in bed. eyes closed. sawing logs. probably dreaming real, distinct absurdities due to the night time cold medicine and one, A, (proud of myself) shot of tequila. should prove to be interesting sleep...

but it is quiet. not completely. through the opened windows i hear the remains of summer, crickets and other noisy insects singing their hymns and love calls to one another. faintly from down the hall, i hear the repeated jingle of Spongebob Square Pants as it has reached the end of episodes, and now sits on the main menu-- playing the little flute chorus- well, i am uncertain if that is a chorus, but it is playing over and over again which is really the point i am getting at.

the cat sits watch in the chair next to me. aware of any sound that doesn't sound as if it should be. the daughter dearest- asleep in our bed crashed out while i read her library book, Goosebumps, "Calling all Creeps". *a side note: she is reading on a 6th grade level (in the 3rd grade) and is a budding writer! YAY! ] the son so sweet, fell asleep to SB and Patrick and Mr Crabs and all their silly little quips- i had to remove his glasses but not before asking if he needed them to see his dreams. my lovely husband after trying to relax - finally received a call, and was pulled from home to do some work. hopefully he won't be long. its hard for me to sleep alone.

although it shouldn't be. so many years passed with a cold, empty spot next to me... but he fills that so completely that i have almost erased the sadness those nights brought to me. and now without him in it- just the smallest taste of it, keeps me on guard and only barely sleeping until he moves into the bed quietly, and with strength and gentleness pulls me into him, warming my back with his front, breath on the back of my neck- a kiss goodnight.

speaking of- i'll lay my head now. i'll bring the cat and let the girl stay for now. sweet dreams princesses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Itches

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Crickets chirp...