Green Machine

I am annoyed. I am assuming it is due to my current health status, which I will try to be as vague as possible ; #1 being that I don't know much, and #2 it's just really too much information for the general and wide open public. I know that I am a mom, and in some circles that seems to 'entitle' them to share their spilt milk and bm scheduling mishaps; but honey, that ain't me.

I am only here momentarily. Thought I'd give the ol' blog an update, and spit out a few words to keep the keyboard dusted. I'm in a sad state of affairs as far as mental statuses go, so I intend to keep this short. There's enough bs in the world (just turn on the 10 o'clock news)-- no sense in reading more melancholy mayhem here.

I turned 32 yesterday. Next to 1983, it was probably the least awesome birthday ever. In 1983, my dad was supposed to take me to the circus. It was to be my first time ever. Instead, Kansas decided it'd be cute to not only have one, but TWO tornadoes on that day; allowing me to spend pretty much my entire birthday underneath two chairs and several blankets in our hallway while my father played weather man 'assuring' me that it'd all blow over soon. Needless to say, I saw no elephants, clowns, or trapeze artists. I colored, played with clay, and led My Little Ponies to an imaginary place where tornadoes didn't exist. I must say, however, that God must've felt bad for disappointing the birthday girl (and other Kansas children that day); as there was a double rainbow. The first one I'd ever seen. Eh, makes up for it. Circuses are kinda scary, being that they're filled with grown men in makeup (clowns, *shudders) and all those poor animals penned up in tiny cages.

2010; I spent the first wee hours of my birthday in the Emergency Room, and the rest of the day (most of it anyway), ailing on the couch or sleeping. Awesome.

But my nearest and dearest friends went out of their way to make sure I had the best pre-birthday possible (considering the circumstances) and nearly all my friends on FB went out of their way to drop me a line via the web.

So, it could have been worse. I could have not had another birthday.

And that, would have been a tragedy.

After all, I'm not done living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Skin Itches

Narnia Sociology Charleston Chews