Blue Friday

I find it fascinating that when I choose to sit here with this open and in front of me- I find myself with nothing to say. Contrarily, when I am driving, walking to work or class, or laying in bed at night trying to rest my head from a long day-- many thoughts and ideas worth documenting (in my opinion) race about, bleeding into one another, and are lost again for another day.

I am upset right now because I am lacking control over a situation that affects me in a certain way that I can not easily explain.

I see in someone the capacity to make great changes in this putrid world we live in. I see in him the ability to reach people through example, through sacrifice, through laughter and music. This person has been illuminating our world for 32 years and mine for eight. With him and because of him, my life has changed.

Oh, people say that kind of thing all the time and often rather flippantly-- but I say it with complete truth. He forgave me for my luggage, he accepted me with my imperfections, he saw in me something that I had buried years before- a light that I held at a time when I was ready to save the world. That light had been extinguished, or so I thought, but really it had been dimmed by my own dismay and negligence. He showed me living that I had never seen, and with him I felt alive and charged and ready and loved.

He has always loved to have a little of the spotlight. I would not say he is a 'show boater', but he does like to make people laugh, to make people feel, and to live. He has seen in himself the capacity to lead. Be a leader. Not in the insane, obscure Rush or Fred display of "leadership"- searching for sheep only to "lead" the mindless into a place that suits them best- a field of insanity with a Shepard lost themselves. No, he wants to lead to help others find their way, with their own minds, based off of some very simple principles:

honesty
integrity
forthrightness
perseverance
fortitude
strength
intelligent thinking
open-mindedness
bravery
loyalty

This encourages me, feeds me, and leads me to continue on my passageway even through clouds and dark. He is all and more than most human beans could say they are and I could not be more proud.

He does this for his country. He does this for his family. He does this for his friends and community. He does this for him, to better him, guide him; and to experience life and living.

But his plight is not easy and it is riddled with struggles and sorrow. Loneliness, frustration, sheeped and herded, loss of self, loss of ideals, loss of hope, physical fatigue, emotionally worn, and mentally exhausted.

Stay strong, hold fast, keep your head high. You amaze me. You are loved deeply. You are missed greatly. You are leading us all to follow your example, and we will all be better because of it.

"Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Skin Itches

Narnia Sociology Charleston Chews