"I saved the neck bone for ya, Clark" Where's the Eggnog Kind of Day...

This will may be a more extensive 'vomitting' than posts past, not because I have had too much turkey, pie, or eggnog (or all of the above), but because there was a lot fit into these 15 hours I have been awake.

The day began with what sounded like a rooster bobbing for apples as it crowed or maybe that it was hung upside down as it announced the new day approaching. I thought I had dreamed it or it was working its way through the ventilation system from the first floor television. Either way, the cock-a-doodle doo did it's duty and I peeled open my eyes. I reached beside the bed to check the time and realized the youngest had already made her way from the land of nod to cartoons and coloring books. I was less eager to put my feet on the floor as it had only been a few wee hours since I laid my head on the pillow for rest. I texted (amazing this word is not understood by my T9 (which is done through text)) my lovely husband who sadly (yet fantastically) is away for the first holiday in our almost 8 years. He is doing a brave and noble thing for which I admire and support-- still, all that pride aside, it stunk not having him here and him being alone.

There was food and support and questions to be asked that I lacked the energy to respond to. I believe the same story was told three different places and I found myself missing his story telling- almost always a little more elaborated than it actually occurred but always an awesome story to be heard.


This one shall end- a new one begin.

The day came and went and there were moments that were gems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Skin Itches

Narnia Sociology Charleston Chews