Possibly Not Really Maybe

Just a few lines. "Write just a few lines everyday." Sometimes having the ability to write 'just a few lines' requires the same energy to do just 10 more sit ups when your stomach muscles are already screaming at you from the 30 the day before. My brain works in a similar fashion. I have done too many 'crunches' and it is tired at this point. It is easier to make up or rationalize a reason not to write [hence using my brain]-- then to just do a few lines.

Is this laziness? Is this disassociation? Is this denial? Is this fair? I am not the only one working hard. You might be someone who is working hard too. Maybe your best friend, your spouse, your parent are also working their asses off- and possibly walking the thin and shaky line of sanity and 'lost my gottdam mind'... I am not gloating, boasting, whining, [well, a little on the latter]; or inducting myself into the Martyr of the Year Hall of Fame-- I guess I am just reminding myself that I am working hard, that it WILL be worth it, and that if I am not completing all that I need to [especially within friendships]- that it is not out of 'want' but more out of able- or capable...

My mother gave me permission to be happy today. I do not think most of you would understand this unusual statement-- unless you know who I am. You really know me? It made a huge weight fall of my shoulders and shatter onto the floor-- one that I hope to never piece back together. I feel guilty about feeling happy. I feel guilty to be so in love. I feel guilty to have things so wonderful. I am so fortunate, so blessed; that through all, and by God, I mean all... things I have a beautiful family, an amazing spouse, wonderful friends, a job, a home, education, faith, hope, and the future.... some days are harder to put one foot in front of the other; but through the blessings I just mentioned; I can and WILL do it... even when they are cursing me for doing 10 too many squats, or my brain is empty from too many hours spent awake studying or planning, or my heart is heavy from worrying/loving/caring for as many people as I can.

I never want the sunshine to be lifted out of my smile- I never want the hope to be dimmed- I want to encourage others and be an example- and some day be described as 'vibrant' or 'vivacious', 'open and loving', 'funny', 'a light in the room'... I may not be those things yet- but I hope to be those things some day... although I imagine I will be expecting more from myself; even then.

Thank you to you who are there for me. With admiration and love, M

Comments

  1. I really feel honored that you are letting me read these nuggets of goodness that you are writing. Every time I read your words, I feel a whole range of emotions and all of them make me more fond of you! xoxo -Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Skin Itches

Narnia Sociology Charleston Chews