Divine Didactic Intervention

I should not be writing. I should be sawing some sort of log, or counting some sort of fluffy farm animal jumping fences, or be floating through the air in a cloud car on my way to Care-A-Lot... but I often do not do what is best for me. That time will come I suppose.

I am in take-care-of-them mode. Them is broad and nondescript. Them may be the kids, the neighbors, a sick friend, a recipient of my snail mail correspondence, homework, volunteering, organizations, housework, yard work, my husband... the cat. I am OK with this- it is my body and brain that are having a hard time adjusting. Sheesh. You'd think they'd know the drill by now. I mean really. I've only been doing it this way for the majority of my existence.

I suppose I am getting better at it now-- at least I am healthier about it, and the people or items I am taking care of are healthier as well. It has been so long since I have really been careless with myself that it seems eons ago... and other than it making my husband crazy (apparently I never "let loose" and am a little uptight-- I know. Crazy, right?)...

I am enjoying it this way. If I could quit smoking and start doing yoga or something, I'd really be set. I mean, I already gave up my gossip rag addiction (I proved it by not making a impulse buy just now at the store!)-- I really don't have much left for guilty pleasures... I do love video games. I have a "Virtual Family" and a kingdom on "We Rule"... these are fun to play around with and allow me a little, bitty, if tiny, break away from reality.

I hear behind me, two soft snorers; sleeping; they almost look identical. Amazing little (OK, not so little), human beings. It was family fun night and we all sat in the living room and had supper (Meek made it!) and watched "Up". Please tell me I am not the only one who sobs in the beginning of this movie! No wonder it is PG. A great story none-the-less. I have a lot to say of them, but will save it when my brain is functioning on a level more than automatic. I am blessed and can not say enough prayers of gratitude to the Big Man up there for granting me this position. I hope He knows what He was doing when they were bestowed to me- I have a feeling they are going to do amazing things. I certainly never want to screw that up. Did you ever read that Calvin and Hobbes where Calvin says to his parents, "What assurance do I have that your parenting isn't screwing me up?"... well, I clipped that when I was a kid and still have it. I hope that I am not screwing my kids up. Sometimes I worry that they are only going to carry the traits that I DON'T want them to get... this would be an unfair justice to them. Buuuutttt... if I had to compare my 'bad' traits with the alternate parent's bad traits-- then I suppose that would be better.

This is yet another rambling. I recognize that I have been vomiting rather than writing eloquently intentional--  I have decided I should complete it by writing out of paragraph. So here ya go:

I like Easter candy best out of all the holiday candy throughout the year.

I do, however, love the homemade treats of Christmas.

My daughter has quit believing in all things magical and fictional mainly based on the idiotic actions of the outlaws. Awesome.

I have not given up.

My son was asked by his music teacher to join choir and my daughter is going to try to sing in her pageant for competition. Who woulda thunk it? My kids singers?

I LOVE office/school supplies-- especially pens/markers/highlighters and any all organization materials especially those in pretty colors.

I am one of the most blessed when it comes to friends- true friends, good friends. I can't say thanks enough.

I would be a storm chaser if I could.

I still can not handle the sound of other people brushing their teeth. Even on television.

I will be a Senior soon and I am terrified.

I want so badly to be referred to as: Special Agent *last name withheld.

I have commandeered the dining room table from end to end- 5ft of papers, books, letters and cards...

It is officially past the time that I should be not here and instead cuddled beside or spooned behind my husband following his shape with my shoulders, my legs, down to our feet. This thought alone is what will peel me out of this seat.

Good night, Moon.

Comments

  1. Good night moon. Spoon away my darling and may your feet carry you swiftly and gently to the land of sleep and dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Itches

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Narnia Sociology Charleston Chews