Narnia Sociology Charleston Chews

i should be doing nothing else but filling my brain with a ridiculous amount of sociology terms in preparation for tomorrow's test-- but quite frankly, i'm ready for the school year to be over and my brain has fastly stopped participating in regular school activities; mostly studying but especially retaining. i really really want to be involved mentally-- but alas, 4 1/2 months and almost 19 hrs later, i am tired. April was the busiest month i have seen in some time, and it looks as if May may be jealous of the attention i gave it; so it is playing copycat and i sit here and wonder when i may see some reprieve. [am i the only one who when seeing words spelled with an ie or ei in the middle, look it over and quietly say "i before e except after c"?-- ok, i figured. just me.] i'll make it- the semester is almost over. two weeks i think and i'll be off (of school) until fall. i should take summer classes, but i just refuse. i'm eager beaver when it comes to scholastics-- but i have to give myself a break otherwise i might just go cuckoo over the cocoa nest-- plus this year will be the first year in a long time that i get to spend my days with the kids. i suppose it will be in no time when their friends will replace their time with me, us. so i want to take it all in- days of sun, swims, games, movies, gardening... i can't wait really.
i am sitting at my new position in the living room. thanks to the sweetest bird i know- we scored (for a great deal!) a rad a' "boomerang" table that fits perfectly with our couch [sort of 60's mod design]- and my own little black desk fit snuggly in the corner. It fits my lamp, laptop (with speakers), a photo of my mau & i, a box of Charleston Chews (the bite size- perfect teeny tiny nougaty pieces), two owl bone sculptures purchased at the Gem & Mineral Show last weekend, and a whole lot of Sociology paperwork. i love it and it feels fanfriggintastic to look to my left and see our dining room table cleaned and cleared off all my school mess. thanks Miss RR-- you are most certainly the bees knees.
i need to close- i don't really want to. i want to keep writing tonight. haven't 'said' much lately so i guess it's like spending your whole day with the baby-- once the hubby steps across the threshold you can't stop blabbering (about almost everything and nothing) from 5 to bedtime.
i just want to finish by letting the cosmos, God, spirits, energies, deities, or whatever magical or religious entities that are potentially out there know that i find myself to be truly and graciously blessed by the life i have today. i am very fortunate. i am blessed. and although i find my heart beating a little harder and my palms slightly sweaty with the fear of 'the bottom falling out', i continue to be hopeful that it will only continue to be amazing... amazing, wonderful opportunities are coming towards me. i have put on my helmet, tied my shoestrings tight, crossed my fingers and said a prayer (or few) with hope and faith that all will come together.

thank you if you have taken the time to read this. i appreciate your moment shared here of my journey and my epiphanies... love and well wishes you all.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Skin Itches