Much Ado About Monday

How fascinating!

I settled in on the couch late last night deciding I would "allow" myself a night of nothingness. I was watching a 2-disc documentary DVD of serial killers. Perhaps I am one of only a few mothers in America who can simultaneously listen to such gory material and carry out normal, menial tasks such as quilting or folding laundry, and not be bothered per se. The material is gruesome and tragic-- I recognize that... but I am fascinated by what makes these people killers in comparison to the rest of us non-killers.

I wrapped up in a fuzzy fleece hug as red as a berry as the dog curled up at my feet and the cat nestled in my lap. Not long after stretching out, I realized an invisible string must be strung from my toes to my eyelids. The more stretching I did, the more comfortable I became, the harder it was to keep my eyes open. I dozed off during an episode about the "Profile of a Killer"....

...the first time I woke was due to the baking of myself in the fleece wooby. The two animals snoring beside and on me were effectively cooking us all with their higher body temperatures. Between us all you could have baked a turkey. Kicked the dog off the couch and moved the cat to the side. Too comfortable to move off the couch to bed... (2330)

... the next time I woke, I came out swinging. The dog suddenly and loudly, was barking at an unknown "threat". It was after midnight, so this concerned me enough to draw me off the couch for inspection. I looked through the house and cautiously peeked out the windows, double checked the doors, and surveyed the house with "Harry". I found nothing and resigned to my bed this time. (0015)

... I woke again to self-baking. A cold front had swept through late and I had the heat running hard. I turned on a couple of fans, re-evaluated the blanket situation, and fell asleep... again... (0230)

...I sleep on the left. There is a space on the right, although I have temporarily filled it with pillows semi resembling the shape of another. I reached over as I sometimes do (habit not to be broken), and through my completely unconscious and unreasonable state of mind recognized that my hand was in something wet... and cold... the brain ran through scenarios, synapses firing to make sense of it all. Until finally, I reached over to pull the light switch and at that second in time, eyes in lighting timing took a picture, scanned it to the brain, brain evaluated and returned a result... the cat had puked her entire dinner and perhaps lunch, snack, breakfast... all over my Pillow Mike. Not only that... but on my pajama bottoms, and yes... I had put my entire hand in it. I cursed. I put the pillow on the floor for I knew two other animals wouldn't mind helping with cleanup. Threw off the bottoms, covered the remaining wet spot with a towel, scooted to the left a little more, and returned to the incoherent state I had just left. (0345)

...Whistle. Sweet and beautiful text. Response through squinted eye. Snooze. (0359)

... I woke again in complete sweats. I had been dreaming the most obscure and incredibly frightening thing (which I can completely rationalize in my waking state, had to do with current situations). My back was sweaty, my front was sweaty. I stumbled, like a woken hibernating bear, to the hallway and turned the heat down once again. (0430)

...Whistle. Good morning. Off and running. Love. Snooze. (0607)

...Alarm. Growling. Ok, Monday... I see how this is gonna be.

Hope you all had a most lovely of Monday, or as best as it can be, right? It could have been worse...she could have thrown up in my mouth.

Here's to a new day with Tuesday. Only 18 days until we feel complete again... Ily MDW, mi. or ".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miles or Inches

Apology & Acceptance: Part I

Skin Itches